Smoked Salmon-Caper Spread
This delectable smoked salmon-caper spread is fabulous on slices of rye
or pumpernickel bread, and it can be prepared several hours ahead of time.
Yield: 8 servings or 2 cups
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon
- Finely chopped red onion, for garnish
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
Put the cream cheese, parsley, lemon juice, heavy cream, capers, and
6 ounces of the salmon in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the
steel blade and process until smooth, stopping the machine once during
the processing to scrape down the sides of the work bowl.
Add the remaining salmon and mix briefly until just incorporated. Cover and
Serve with thin slices of rye and pumpernickel bread and top with
the chopped onions and dill sprigs.