Shrimp Rigatoni recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 small can tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 lb. rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat half the butter in a skillet, add the shrimp.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook turning once until bright red on both sides.
Sprinkle with shallots and cook one minute, Add the tomatoes and cook 1 minute over high heat. Stir in half cup of cream, the basil and chives.
Beat the yolk with 1 tablespoon cream and add to sauce, stirring rapidly.
Do not boil.
Cook rigatoni according to package. Drain, toss with remaining butter and pour into hot platter. Pour shrimp and sauce in center and serve.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
[Return to Minnie Giraldi's Home Page]
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients | Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1999 StarChefs All rights reserved.