Mullet En Papollotes with Fennel recipe
- 61/2-pound mullet, cleaned
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, bruised
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 large sheets parchment paper
- 1/4 pound lean salt pork, diced and parboiled for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Marinate the fish in the marinade for 2 hours, turning them occasionally.
Brush the parchment paper on both sides with oil, place one fish on half of each sheet, and sprinkle each with a generous table spoon of marinade, a little salt pork, and a little parsley. Fold the other half of the paper over the fish and crimp the edges tightly together.
Place the packets in a well oiled baking dish and place the dish in a moderate 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Transfer the packets to individual hot plates and allow each guest to open his own.
[Return to Minnie Giraldi's Home Page]
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients | Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1999 StarChefs All rights reserved.