Leg of Lamb - Boned or Butterflied
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs of parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions or shallots
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cups Italian dread crumbs parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon pinoli - roasted
- 1 garlic chopped
Preheat oven to 500 degrees - lower to 375 degrees
1. Combine first 10 ingredients. Marinate lamb in this for 24 hours, turning occasionally. Drain meat, reserve marinade.
2. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Combine bread crumbs, parsley, pine nuts, capers, and garlic to make stuffing. Lay meat flat on a cutting board and sprinkle the stuffing over on one side of the meat. Season with salt and pepper. Roll meat, jelly roll style, to enclose stuffing. Tie roast with kitchen twine in several places to secure the stuffing. Rub the roasting pan with a little butter and place the meat in the pan. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper.
3. Place the meat in the oven and immediately lower the temperature to 375 degrees. Roast, basting meat with marinade every 15 minutes, until cooked through, about 1 hour. Remove lamb from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
4. Meanwhile, combine the stock, wine, and shallots in a small pan to make the sauce. Boil rapidly until reduced to about 1/2 cup, abuot 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter and parsley . Swirl to combine.
5. Slice the meat and serve immediately with the sauce.
[Return to Minnie Giraldi's Home Page]
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients | Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1999 StarChefs All rights reserved.