Dried Cod Napoletana recipe
- 2 lbs. dried cod, soaked for 12 hrs. in several changes of water Flour
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed in garlic press
- 2 lbs. tomatoes, peeled, seeded. drained, and chopped
- 11/2 cups black olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Skin and bone the cod, cut it into 2- inch slices and dust the slices with flour.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat until smoking hot, add the pieces of cod, and cook for 6 or 7 minutes on each side. Drain the pieces and keep hot.
Cook the garlic in the oil remaining in the pan over medium heat until golden, add the tomatoes, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the olives, capers, and oregano and cook for 2 minutes longer. Arrange the cod pieces on a hot serving platter and pour the sauce over them.
If fresh oregano is not available, add dried oregano to the sauce with the tomatoes.
[Return to Minnie Giraldi's Home Page]
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients | Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1999 StarChefs All rights reserved.