JIM BEAM BARBECUING CONTEST
Win a trip to the home of Jim Beam's grandson, Booker Noe, and up to $1,000 in the Jim Beam Barbecuing Contest. Three finalists will be flown from their hometowns to Bardstown, Kentucky where they will barbecue with Booker Noe, master distiller emeritus of Jim Beam Brands Co. Contestants will participate in a recipe contest sponsored by Jim Beam Brands Co. and compete for a grand prize of $1,000. Round-trip airfare, airport transfers, meals and two nights accommodations will be provided for finalists.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be 21 years of age or older to enter. You may obtain an official entry form by mailing a request to: Suzanne Duecker, Jim Beam Barbecuing Contest, c/o Laughlin/Constable, 207 East Michigan Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202. Requests for an official entry form must be received by April 9, 1998.
2. You may enter the Jim Beam Barbecuing Contest by printing your name, address (including zip code), age, daytime telephone number and your original recipe on a signed official contest entry form, and mailing it to: Suzanne Duecker, Jim Beam Barbecuing Contest, c/o Laughlin/Constable, 207 East Michigan Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202. All entries must be postmarked by April 13, 1998 and received by April 17, 1998. Recipe must be for an entree and incorporate Jim Beam® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey as an ingredient. Jim Beam Brands Co. assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or postage-due mail or entries. Enter as often as you like, but each entry is limited to one (1) recipe and must be mailed separately.
3. All entries, including recipes and any photographs, become the property of Jim Beam Brands Co. and will not be returned. Submission of an entry grants Jim Beam Brands Co. and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant's irrevocable waiver of any moral rights and assignment and transfer to Jim Beam Brands Co. of any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and other intellectual property rights. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, may not have won previous awards, including the 1994 Jim Beam Recipe Contest with Booker, may not have been published previously, must not infringe third party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., not obscene or indecent). Entrants waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any claim they may have relating to this promotion.
4. Three (3) Finalists will be selected by a professional chef. Decisions of the judge are final. Entries will be judged by the following criteria: originality (40%); innovative use of Jim Beam product (30%); and fit with outdoor barbecue theme (30%). The Finalists will be selected by April 30, 1998 and will be notified by mail on or before May 8, 1998.
5. Prizes: Three (3) Finalists will be selected and flown to Bardstown, Kentucky to compete in the Barbecuing Contest on June 23, 1998. Each Finalist will receive a prize package that will include: round-trip coach airfare from the major airport nearest the Finalist's home to Louisville, Kentucky; accommodations at a hotel selected by sponsor (single occupancy) in Bardstown, Kentucky; three meals each day ($50.00 maximum per day); and ground transportation to/from the airport (Approximate Retail Value $700). Gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are the Finalists' responsibility. Finalists will be provided with the grocery items listed in the recipe copy. Finalists will be required to provide their own cooking utensils (cutlery, pans, food processor, specialty cookware, etc.) and final presentation serving dishes. Finalist recipes will be judged by a panel of professional chefs, food writers and bourbon experts, including Booker Noe. Decisions of the judges are final. Entries will be judged by the following criteria: taste/texture (25%); creativity (25%); appearance (25%); and innovative use of the Jim Beam product (25%). One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000, one (1) second place Winner will receive $ 750, and one (1) third place Winner will receive $500. Approximate total retail value of all prizes awarded to Finalists and Winners is $5,000. Prizes are non-transferable and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Jim Beam Brands Co. in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie, tied entrants must participate in a skill-based tie breaker to be determined by Jim Beam Brands Co. in its sole discretion. Wisconsin residents only: in the event of a tie, duplicate prizes will be awarded. The odds of winning depend upon the criteria described above and the number of entrants. All taxes on prizes are the winners' sole responsibility. All prizes will be awarded according to these rules and distributed no later than July 1, 1998.
6. Finalists must provide positive identification specified by Jim Beam Brands Co. to claim their prize and will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility. Finalists will be required to sign and return liability and publicity releases within 10 days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Additionally, if a finalist is unable to travel during the required dates (June 22-24, 1998) or to attend the June 23, 1998 Cook-Off, his or her prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate Finalist. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes a Finalist's agreement to hold harmless Jim Beam Brands Co., its affiliates and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of them (individually and collectively for the purposes of this Paragraph 6, "Jim Beam Brands Co.") from and against any injuries, losses or damages related in any way to their participation in this promotion, including Jim Beam Brands Co.'s reliance upon their compliance with these rules, and their agreement that Jim Beam Brands Co. may use his or her name, voice, likeness and/or biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes on any and all media without additional compensation, where permitted by law.
7. This contest is open only to residents of the United States 21 years of age or older except to CA, TX, or UT residents. Jim Beam Brands Co., its affiliates, its advertising and promotion agencies, licensed retailers, wholesalers, the judging panel and the directors, officers, employees and agents of each of them and their immediate families and/or household residents are not eligible to participate. This contest shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law, and submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of the laws of the United States. This contest is void where prohibited.
8. For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped legal size envelope after July 15, 1998 to: Jim Beam Barbecuing Contest Winners List, c/o Laughlin/Constable, 207 East Michigan Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202. (Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.)
Make responsibility part of your enjoyment.
Jim Beam® Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 40% Alc. Vol. © 1998 James B. Beam Distilling Co., Clermont, Kentucky
Main Menu | Recipe Search | Newsgroups | Rumbles & Murmurs | Culinary Careers
QuickMeals | Secret Ingredients | Help Wanteds | Archives | Feedback
Copyright © 1998 StarChefs All rights reserved.