Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 loaf challah bread - cubed
- 1 cup dried apricots - sliced into thin slices
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon dried or fresh sage
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried or fresh thyme
- 1 white onion - medium dice
- 1 head celery - medium dice
- 2-3 cups canned chicken broth
- salt and pepper
In a large saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions, celery and apricots until soft.
Add herbs and sauté 2 more minutes. Add bread and stir to coat evenly.
Add warm stock in batches until stuffing becomes moist without being too wet.
Continue stirring and add pine nuts and salt and pepper to taste. Make sure liquid
is evenly absorbed into the bread. If mixture is too moist, add bread; if mixture
is too dry, add stock.
The key to this recipe is to not get caught up with exact measurements, but rather to adjust
according to texture and taste. And most importantly - have fun!