For the pasta
- One-half pound durum flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk for wash
Knead everything (except the egg yolk) together. Roll the pasta and
cut into circles 2 inches round.
For the filling
For the sauce
- 6 ounces cleaned prawns or shrimp
- 2 slices white bread, soaked in heavy cream
- 1 ounce whole kernel cooked corn
- Salt and pepper and cut chives to taste
For the garnish
- One-half pound cauliflower separated into flowerets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Julienned tomato strips
- Fresh parsley
Puree the prawns or shrimp in a blender. Season, and add the bread.
Blend for a few more seconds. Transfer the filling or farce to a bowl
and add the corn kernels, chopped chives and season to taste. Rest the
filling in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Using a spoon, place a "ball" of the shrimp mixture in the middle
of each of the pasta circles. Wet the outside edges of the pasta circles
with a egg yolk wash and fold the pasta in half moon or crescent shapes.
Boil the cauliflower in unsalted water. Reserve the water. Drain and
puree in a blender. Add some of the cooking liquid to get the right
consistency, season and emulsify with the oil.
Cook the agnolotti in salted boiling water and saute in a pan with
some of the warm sauce. Place in a serving bowl and cover with the rest
of the sauce. Garnish with julienned tomato strips and fresh parsley.